Please note that SLTNET email service normaly supports Eudora 5.1 or upwards.
If you are using a lower version please contact the helpdesk.
Double click on your Eudora Light programme and select Option from the Tools Menu
1. select "Tools"
2. Select "Options"
3. You will see the Category Column on the left. Highlight Getting started ( 1st Category)
and fill the following setting there:
4. Real Name : Type “Your Full Name”
5. Return Address : Type “Your Email Address”
6. Mail Server (Incoming) : Type “sltnet.lk”
7. Login Name : Type “Your email address”
8. SMTP Server (Outgoing) : Type “auth.slt.lk”
9. Click “Allow Authentication”
10. Incommimg Mail ( 3rd Category)
11. Server Configuration : Click IMAP
12. Click “Ok”
Eudora automatically places file attachments that come with incoming mail to a specific
directory. To set the default Attachment Directory, click on "Attachment Directory" bar
and double click on C. Internet. Eudora or C:\e-mail and Attach Directory respectively.
Then click on "Use Directory" button. The path for the attachment files displayed on the
bar now is: "C:\Internet\Eudora\Attach" or C:\e-mail\attache
- (for Eudora Pro Version 2.1.2 or former version users) previous versions of Eudora(that don’t have “allow authentication”cannot be used for sending emails through auth.slt.lk or smtp1.slt.lk
- Dial-up User Name- It is the first part of your E-mail address (before @ sign)
- Phone number -One of the SLT access telephone numbers shown below
you can type any one of these numbers.
Remember: If you are dialing to Colombo server from outside Colombo, insert "01"
- Baud rate - 38400
- Com Port - Serial port number of your PC where modem is connected.
- "CRLF Processing" and "show Trace Window" option are marked. Let the other