Our Subsidiary Businesses
The core business of the SLT Group is ICT, comprising fixed and mobile segments. Fixed ICT operations are carried out by SLT (the holding company of the Group) while mobile ICT operations come under SLT’s fully-owned subsidiary Mobitel (Private) Limited. Our Annual Report 2015 focuses on our ICT business and the SLT Group.
We give below a snapshot of our seven subsidiary businesses while excluding Mobitel, as mobile ICT operations have already been included in our discussion on the SLT
Sri Lanka Telecom (Services) Limited
ICT-based infrastructure solutions and systems integrated solutions to corporate customers and small businesses.
- Appointed as a distributor of NEC PBX range, an addition to existing leading brands such as CISCO, hp, 3M and TRENDnet
- TRENDnet products launched
- Partnership with AVAYA
- Partnership with Myanmar Power and Technology to explore business opportunities in Myanmar
- Nearly 35% of MSAN cut-overs of SLT’s network modernisation project in the Central Province completed
SLT Publications (Private) Limited
Directory information and publication services through SLT Rainbow Pages.
- The popular SLT Rainbow Pages Western Province Directory published annually
- IT based directory with web portal and mobile apps developed
- A tourist and wedding directory, a niche market area, hosted on the web with regular updating
- Facility for SMEs to list in the SLT directory free of charge launched as per MoU signed with the Ministry of Industries
SLT Visioncom (Private) Limited
Internet protocol Television (IPTV) support services delivered through SLT PEO TV.
- Subscriber base increased by 39% in 2015, with a corresponding revenue growth of 50%
- New channels, including live coverage of sessions of Sri Lanka Parliament, introduced
- PEO TV now delivered on FTTH where viewers can watch High Definition channels
- Enhanced state-of-the-art PEO TV platform introduced by upgrading features such as Movies, Self-Care and Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD)
- ;Picture-In-Picture (PIP), a feature which enables watching two channels on the same screen with advanced channel swapping capability, introduced
- Work on multi screen capabilities to watch TV on any device (mobile, tablet or PC/laptop) in progress
SLT Human Capital Solutions (Private) Limited
- HR outsourcing and shared services, including sales services, technical assistance and call centre operations provided to the SLT Group and others in the public and private sectors
- Assessment and people profiling services provided to customers seeking to examine the key competencies of candidates when making decisions on recruitment, retention and development
- HR IT solutions rolled out to customers, such as the our web-based eMpower system that automates the main HR-related functions of an organisation from recruitment to retirement
- HR consultancy services provided in areas such as industrial relations, HR operations, HR strategy and process development
SLT Campus (Private) Limited
Higher education services in ICT and business management.
- First intake of 25 students to pursue a four-year BSc Engineering degree with options to specialise in electronics and power engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering or electronics and engineering management
- Collaboration with Lancaster University, UK initiated through a Letter of Intent
- ‘Presidential Scholarship Scheme’ inaugurated
- Postgraduate Research Unit established
- Professional courses, certifications and training programmes conducted through the Professional Education Learning Centre of SLTC City Campus located at TRACE Expert City, Colombo
- ISO 9001:2008 certification obtained during the year
SLT Property Management (Private) Limited
Management of SLT’s real estate resources.
- Idle and under-utilised land and assets owned by the Group identified for development, such as the proposed construction of a branch office for Mobitel in Anuradhapura
- Lateral diversification in the areas of telecommunication, civil engineering construction, power and energy and water supply and drainage being explored
Sky Network (Private) Limited
Implementation and management of wireless broadband projects of SLT.
- SLT 4G LTE implementation
- SLT carrier grade Wi-Fi deployment, resulting in the number of sites countrywide increasing to more than 200 by end 2015