|Financial position – Group|
|Property, plant and equipment||137,208||140,632||123,850||117,035||108,649||99,283||90,935||80,506||73,602||67,705|
|Profit before tax||9,713||8,216||7,169||5,528||6,497||5,515||8,251||7,365||5,851||6,162|
|Profit after tax||7,881||6,322||4,948||3,940||4,790||3,724||6,001||5,419||3,921||4,505|
|Net operating cash flows||32,300||20,410||19,656||18,224||19,466||21,265||20,047||15,386||16,094||20,250|
|Net cash used in investing activities||15,034||28,278||22,890||27,415||24,347||14,375||23,524||16,507||15,362||22,968|
|Net cash used in/(from) financing activities||(9,003)||4,957||16,909||756||360||6,065||(5,039)||57||174||1,494|
|Key financial indicators|
|Earnings per share (LKR)||4.37||3.50||2.74||2.18||2.65||2.06||3.32||3.00||2.17||2.50|
|Return on assets (%)||3.85%||3.02%||2.74%||2.47%||3.35%||2.94%||4.89%||5.02%||3.75%||4.66%|
|Return on equity (%)||9.35%||8.09%||6.71%||5.52%||6.97%||5.71%||9.39%||9.06%||7.00%||8.40%|
|Operating margin (%)||12.77%||9.94%||9.35%||5.17%||7.76%||9.98%||8.78%||10.79%||10.67%||10.01%|
|Asset turnover (Number of times)||0.44||0.41||0.45||0.48||0.52||0.54||0.53||0.56||0.54||0.54|
|Current ratio (Number of times CL)||1.00||0.82||0.87||0.54||0.61||0.65||0.87||0.78||0.92||1.02|
|Quick asset ratio (Number of times CL)||0.93||0.76||0.82||0.48||0.57||0.62||0.86||0.69||0.84||0.93|
|Debt/equity ratio – Number of times||0.77||0.93||0.76||0.59||0.48||0.37||0.42||0.35||0.32||0.27|
|Interest cover (Number of times interest)||1.91||1.47||1.77||2.02||4.53||5.62||8.94||9.44||6.73||11.43|
|Net assets per share (LKR)||46.64||43.25||40.79||39.81||38.00||36.14||35.40||33.13||31.02||29.73|
|Dividend per share (LKR)||1.49||1.06||1.06||0.89||0.89||0.89||0.85||0.85||0.85||0.85|
1. Earnings per share – Earnings per ordinary share (EPS) – Profit attributable to ordinary shareholders divided by the number of ordinary shares in use.
2. Return on Assets – Return on assets (ROA) – Profit after tax expressed as a percentage of the average assets; indicates overall effectiveness in generating profits with available assets.
3. Return on Equity – Return on equity (ROE) – Net profit attributable to owners, expressed as percentage of average ordinary shareholders’ equity.
4. Operating Margin – Operating margin is a measurement of what proportion of revenue is left over after paying for variable costs of production such as wages, raw materials, etc.
5. Asset Turn Over – Asset turnover ratio measures the value of sales or revenues generated relative to the value of its assets.
6. Current Ratio – The current ratio measures the ability to cover its short-term liabilities with its current assets.
7. Quick Asset Ratio – The Quick Ratio, also known as the Acid-test or liquidity ratio, measures the ability of a business to pay its short-term liabilities by having assets that are readily convertible into cash.
8. Debt/Equity Ratio – The Debt/Equity ratio measures the proportion of borrowed funds to its equity.
9. The conventional Debt/Equity ratio for the year 2020 is 0.66 times (2019 – 0.79 times). The Debt/equity ratio calculated after considering the impact of SLFRS 16 – Leases is 0.77 times (2019 – 0.93 times).
10. Interest Cover – Number of times interest expense is covered by earnings before interest and tax.
11. Net assets per share – Net assets per share measures net assets divided by number of ordinary shares in use.